Het leven heeft geen doel nodig, het leven IS.
Een 'doel' is gewoon een concept,
bedacht in het denken,
om het verstand tevreden te stellen.
Als je echt een doel wilt, zou ik zeggen dat je doel is
om in te zien wie je bent en een leven
zonder lijden te ontdekken.
Laatste wijziging: dinsdag 2 november 2010 om 15:32, 3795 keer bekeken
dinsdag 2 november 2010
We invite you to join us for a truly unique event with over 3 hours of Wisdom from Enlightened Spiritual Masters.
On the 28th November 2010, in association with Esoguru.com and the Indian Ocean Film Festival, for the first time the film Blueprints for Awakening – Wisdom of the Masters will be shown live online. The event will start with a screening of the critically acclaimed film about 16 Illuminated Spiritual Masters followed by a live Satsang (meaning in the company of a Guru, or assembly of persons who listen to Truth) with Spiritual Director, Premananda.
Twenty years ago while siting quietly in his garden spiritual seeker Premananda received an inner message telling him to go and document the old Indian Masters on film before they passed away. He had no film experience, no equipment and no notion of how to bring this idea to fruition. The result of the epic personal journey that followed is the critically acclaimed and unique documentary film Blueprints for Awakening – Wisdom of the Indian Masters, which presents in full colour the Teachings of some of the most renowned sages of our times.
Over the years, Premananda’s deep love of Truth inspired him to meet and befriend many Indian Saints and Masters. Finally, armed with a video camera and a list of twelve questions which he composed around the teachings of arguably India’s most respected modern-day sage, Sri Ramana Maharshi, he began collecting the rare interviews with sixteen contemporary Indian Masters which can be found in this film. The questions relate to the major topics which one meets on the spiritual journey: Awakening, Self-enquiry, the nature of the mind and the world. The film answers twelve questions especially relevant to those on or interested in the Spiritual Path:
- 'Who am I?' 'Who are you?'
- What is enlightenment?
- Are there any qualifications for enlightenment? Is sadhana (spiritual practice) necessary?
- Sri Ramana said that Self-enquiry is the most direct route to Enlightenment. What is Self-enquiry?
- What is the true understanding of the world?
- It has been suggested that the mind must be destroyed for liberation to occur. Do you have a mind? How to destroy the mind?
- What about vasanas, the tendencies of the mind? Must these be removed before Self-realisation can become permanent?
- Sri Ramana says, 'He who is thus endowed with a mind that has become subtle, and who has the experience of the Self is called a 'jivanmukta'. Is this the state that can be called Self-realised?
- Who is the guru? What is the guru's role? How to recognise a true guru?
- Please say something about bhakti, devotion, in the pursuit of awakening.
- Seekers often have curious ideas about the enlightened state. Please describe your typical day and how you perceive the world.
- When you meet someone with a passion for awakening, what would your short advice be?
You can see the Masters who share their deep insights in the movie in the trailer below.
The second part of this event will be a live Satsang with Premananda, where the audience can ask him questions about the film and also about their own personal spiritual journey live over the internet.
Premananda, who now lives in the Open Sky House community near Cologne, Germany has created both books and films about his experiences working through his organisation Open Sky Press, which publishes works in both English and German. As part of his ongoing work to assist others, Premananda offers Self-Enquiry, Talks and Satsangs as tools to assist individuals with their own spiritual journeys towards Self-Realisation.
Blueprints for Awakening is for everyone who has an inner passion to know who they are and what they are doing here as a human being. It is for all who ask the question ‘Who am I?’ and for those who are looking for guidance on the teaching of Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi to ‘be as you are’.
Do not miss this unique opportunity to participate, to deepen your understanding and practice.